Although usually a pub is the last thing we’d try to escape, that’s exactly what we attempted to do in our first escape room outside the UK…
- Location: Il-Fgura, Malta
- Players: 2-7
- We played: July 2018 as a team of 2
Great things about The Pub
- We were welcomed and looked after by a friendly host who was enthusiastic about the room and about escape rooms in general.
- The Pub has a lot of content to get stuck into, with various different kinds of puzzle to solve. While no individual puzzle is difficult enough to have you stuck for a long time, there’s enough to keep you entertained, and you’ll need to be observant to spot everything you need.
- Technology is used in a way that’s surprising, innovative and fun.
- The visual decoration of the room fit the theme and created a convincing enough pub, while not being as immersive or beautiful as some other rooms.
- Thankfully, this room is air-conditioned – there’s no way we’d have been able to solve anything in the Maltese heat!
On the other hand…
- Slightly confusingly, some elements of the room look as if they could be part of a puzzle but are purely decorative.
- This is a room with a lot of combination locks – it was usually, but not always, clear which code is for which lock.
- Although we liked the variety of puzzles, they weren’t all linked to the setting or the story.
Who should try this room?
A group of escapists who can handle a high number of puzzles, can pay close attention to instructions and who feel at home in a pub!
Rating – 7/10